Monday, March 16, 2009

The Black Bean Brownie Debate

Since I began Weight Watchers three years ago, I have been bombarded with different recipe concoctions-diet coke chicken, diet coke cake....etc. I came across a recipe for brownies-black bean brownies to be exact. I was intrigued, grossed out and curious all at the same time. It took me three years but I finally broke down and made them for the first time on Friday night.

The basic recipe for Black Bean Brownies is:
1 15oz can of black beans
1 can of water
1 brownie mix
Rinse black beans thoroughly through the strainer. Add black beans and one can of water to the blender. Blend until smooth. Combine brownie mix and pureed beans in a bowl, stir until well mixed. Pour in greased pan and bake as suggested on the brownie mix.
Here are my ingredients ready to go!


After they came out of the oven, I had to immediately try one. They were amazing!! The consistency was more chewy and dense than a traditional brownie, but you couldn't tell that there were black beans in them. They were great!
I have video of the husband and my brother tasting them, but I have to figure out how to upload videos to blogger.
*UPDATED* Here are the videos of the husband and brother tasting the brownies for the first time.
Until next time!

video

0 comments: