Thursday, July 17, 2008

Me, really, a blog?

So I've decided to jump right in and create a blog. I'm not quite sure what will become of this, or if it's just another one of my grand plans, but I wanted a place to keep a food journal. For those who don't know, I became a lifetime member of Weight Watchers on February 3, 2007. I lost 70 pounds in a little over a year by staying on the Flex plan. I loved the freedom of eating whatever I wanted and keeping track of the points. Then something happened. I realized that I began eating two cups of pasta instead of just one. My measurements of foods such as peanut butter or cool whip became rounded tablespoons. For my last two weigh ins, I have gained weight and I can slowly feel myself slipping out of control. So what did I do? I started the Core plan. This was the last plan I thought I could manage because with Core, you eat until you are satisfied. My initial thought was that if I could handle eating until I was satisfied, then I wouldn't have had a weight problem to begin with! Well, this h as been my first week on Core, and I love it. I love the freedom of eating until I'm satisfied, not stuffed. I love being able to only count points for the non-core foods. It's amazing!

I've decided to keep a food journal blog. I will assess what I ate after every meal. Wish me luck....I'm on my way!

0 comments: